Thursday 2 May 2013

RED TO GREEN



(Image source: WallpaperFlare.com)


Busy streets, honking cars,
Steady stream of smog all hours,
Wide-spread palms,
Begging brazenly for alms.


Seated in a ford,
Listening to tuned cords,
Patient for red to turn green,
Efficient birds smearing preen,
Under the gaze of hypocritical me,
Did I see a small she?


She with audacity,
Knocked at my tinted glass.
An intruder into my daydream,
I wished she would pass.


Awaiting for me to journey,
From reel to real,
Unsure whether to ignore,
Or fill her bowl with cereals.


I fished for a sterling,
I noticed hidden in her bosom a nestling?
Craving for some shade,
And relief from prejudices all man-made?
Provoked by the green,
Did the Ford stir up dust?


Leaving far behind,
Those ebony eyes of lust.
Positive realization dawned upon me,
Of hesitance to meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment